Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Favorite Cleaning Recipes Part 1


Today I whipped up a couple of my favorite cleaning recipes so I thought I would share. Give these a try instead of the store bought. You will breathe much easier!

Earth Scrub
(Clean House, Clean Planet by Karen Logan)

1 2/3 cup  Baking Soda
1/2 cup Liquid Soap (Dr. Bronners's is what I use)
1/2 cup filtered water
2 T vinegar (add last)
Yields 16 oz.
I also add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil for additional anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.

Stir until a smooth consistency. If too thick to pour into your container, add more water.

I reuse my dish soap bottle. (Seventh Generation is my favorite).

I use Earth Scrub to clean the bathroom (tub, sink, toilet, shower walls). It works wonders. It is also great to clean up kitchen counters, stainless steel sinks, etc.

If you find that you have baking soda left behind, use my vinegar spray below as rinse. No need to even wipe off.

All-Purpose Spray
(Gorgeously Green - Sophie Uliano)

14 oz. of Vinegar & Filtered or Distilled Water 1:1 ratio
7 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
7 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
7 drops of Lemon Essential Oil

Combine all in a spray bottle and label. I actually use Masking Tape and write my recipe on the bottle so when I need to make it again there's no searching for the recipe.
This spray is fabulous for cleaning kitchen counters, stove top, sinks, etc. It has such a great smell and the essential oils provide anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties.

I'll share next time my favorite powder for rugs and dust mites as well as another favorite all purpose spray using herbs as the base. 

Give these a try.  Be sure to check out Karen's book and Sophie's site.  They are great resources.



No comments:

Post a Comment